the little beans in life i love.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Stila Haul

I am loving this set of Stila products that my friend, Grace, got me for Christmas! She gave me the eye shadow trio, "Goddess," which can be applied wet or dry in all neutral shades because she knows me too well. I tested this palette out today and adore it's high pigmentation and bronze finish. What's great about this palette is that it has three highly complimentary shades in one compact case that is no wider than 3 fingers and is 3/4 inch thick. I'm actually more impressed with Stila's packaging compared to MAC eyeshadows. I also got a beautiful Stila lip glaze in 'Grapefruit', that is a really cute frosted pink color with subtle bits of shimmer. This will be perfect going over my new Mac Lipstick in Gaga 2 which is a extreme nude. Can't wait to put this look together for work come Monday!


Stila Eye Shadow Trio in 'Goddess'
L to R: Champagne, Bronze, Copper

Stila One Step Primecolor
L to R: Capri Coral, Kitten, Pop of Pink
These Stila One Step Primecolors are AWESOME. It's called 'One Step' because it combines the benfits of a primer, lip color, eyeshadow and cheek color in one formula. I like that, not only is it versatile, but it is build-able in coverage and doesn't have those funky smells attached to it.

Swatches of Stila One Step and blended out
L-R: Capri Coral, Kitten, Pop of Pink
I use Carpi Coral and Pop of Pink on the lips as well as the cheeks as a cream blush and it seems to last all day and is nicely blendable. I like this product as a cream blush much better than Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse because it leaves a smooth, non-sticky texture. Kitten is probably my favorite and most used because I use it on my cheekbones, I place it on the center of my bottom lip, and I also use it on the center of my lid as a cream eyeshadow. The idea of being able to get several different uses out of one product tickles me and the Stila One Step achieves this beautifully. I appreciate how it comes in a tube because it feels more sanitary that way.

Thank you, Grace!

Did you get any beauty products for Christmas that you love?

j

No comments:

Post a Comment