the little beans in life i love.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

MAC Soft and Gentle Mineralized Skinfinish

MAC's Soft and Gentle is a mineralized skinfinish that is primarily used as a highlight for the cheeks and brow, or just to give a polished shimmery look for the face. This was given to me as a gift, and after using it for some time, I realized that the overall effect was quite similar or if not more prominent than Christian Dior Amber Diamond. The color is great for all different skin tones, and so far, I can't go a day without using it, otherwise I feel incomplete. 

MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle= $28

One thing about this skinfinish is that I do not think it is superior to Benefit's Watt's Up in terms of shade and tone. This one creates a more dramatic showy effect, while Watt's Up appears more natural. The two are completely different in terms of texture and consistency. Since Benefit's Watt's Up is a cream stick, it gives an overall dewy appearance that MAC's Soft and Gentle does not achieve. Keeping this in mind, if you have dry skin, I suggest Benefit WU, and for those with oily skin like me, MAC S&G is the way to go.

Both are shimmery highlighters, so I have yet to find a matte highlighter. I have looked into MAC's Too Chic as a non-shimmery highligher but, sadly, that has been discontinued.

j

No comments:

Post a Comment