the little beans in life i love.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Everyday Foundation Routine

Lancome Photogenic Lumessence in Bisque 1(N)= $42
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Warm Ivory= $22
Maybelline New York Dream Matte Powder in Light 4-5= $6.94
As I've mentioned in a previous post, I get a bit fussy about foundation. Things I look for in a good foundation is that my skin reacts well to it (and I don't break-out with acne), it has coverage that is also long-lasting, and lastly, it has to match the color of my neck. Nothing is worse than having a demarcation line of foundation between your face and the rest of your neck. My current foundation routine achieves two of my three criteria as of now. I am looking to explore another shade of foundation that will better match my paler skin tone for Winter, but I first have to use up the rest of what I have left (which is less than half the bottle) of my Lancome foundation.

With that said, I love using Lancome foundation in general. Amongst all the different brands I've tried, I just feel that Lancome makes a solid foundation that not only feels great when applied, but matches Asian skin tones beautifully. The coverage is amazing since it isn't as heavy as Chanel Pro Lumiere but is still able to erase my blemishes without leaving me with cupcake-face. 

Bobby Brown's creamer concealer is something I recently purchased over the holidays and I think I found something that can truly cover dark circles. I don't use it for this purpose (yet), though I use it under the eye and near the nose to cover my freckles and brighten my eye (almost like a highlighter above my cheekbones, too). It goes on quite thick and truly conceals problem or redness areas. There is a powder that comes with this concealer, though I chose to go without since I enjoy my drugstore brand powder so much. 

To create a smooth complexion, I use Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder, and this sets my foundation and concealer with a matte, non-oily finish. 

This routine lasts me approximately 8 hours before I may have to touch up with some more concealer and powder. 

What is your foundation routine?

j

No comments:

Post a Comment