the little beans in life i love.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Review: NARS Turkish Delight

I previously wrote a post about loving the lip gloss that Kim Kardashian likes to wear, which is Nars Turkish Delight, and I finally purchased this as a little present to myself over the holidays.

Nars Turkish Delight Lip Gloss= $24
I admit, when I first tried this shade on, I thought it looked ridiculous on me because it was such a light bubble gum pink color that created a milky residue on my lips. Since it strayed so far from what I had seen in photos of Kim Kardashian sporting it, I thought perhaps I wasn't applying it in the correct way, so I tried to use it over several different lipsticks, from corals to deep pinks to nudes. This helped to some degree, but I wasn't confident enough to wear it this shade out in public.

Then, on a trip to my parents home, I forgot to pack my other lipsticks and Turkish Delight was ALL I HAD. So I went ahead and wore the milky bubble gum pink out to dinner with my parents, and got major compliments from my mother. She's probably my toughest critic. How can my mother, of all people, like this milky candy shade? Following dinner, I went home and looked in the mirror and realized that the lip gloss's texture and shade settles into the lips well with time. It only appears strange and milky when first applied, but give it time, and it gives off a nude pale pink hue that looks great with neutral makeup.

Getty Images

image credit
Pigmentation: On the sheer side. The the way the product appears in its packaging and heavily swatched as seen in the photo above is not the way it appears on the lips rubbed out.

Texture: Not overly sticky like a lot of lip glosses. The product goes on smoothly and works great when my lips are too chapped for a lipstick. It can also be used on top of a lipstick to add wettability.

Longevity: Needs reapplication every couple hours since it goes on so sheer.

Application: The wand is just the right size and feel, and is easy to use.

Packaging: Quality. Gloriously brilliant and simple. What else can I say about Nars packaging.

Would I recommend this product? Absolutely. Kim K knows her lip gloss and I see Turkish Delight going well for many skin tones.

For the longest time, this product was sitting idly in my makeup drawer and now I'm obsessed with it and bring it in my purse everywhere I go!

j

No comments:

Post a Comment