the little beans in life i love.

Monday, January 9, 2012

A Review: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

Before going into my review on Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer, I want to add that I use under-eye concealer as a staple for everyday no matter if I am using tinted moisturizer or full coverage foundation because it helps to brighten the eye, allowing me to look less tired. I've mentioned this in a previous post on my Everyday Foundation Routine, but Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer is AMAZING for getting rid of unwanted dark spots.

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in 'Warm Ivory'

I use this concealer after using foundation or tinted moisturizer and then set it using a pressed powder. Be sure to choose a concealer shade that is one or two shades lighter than your skin tone and blend, blend, blend! If you don't blend well, a line of demarcation between the concealer and foundation will appear obvious in photographs.

Now, onto the tinted moisturizer...

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (right)= $30
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in 'Nude' (left)= $42

I have heard so many great things about the full coverage of Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation, but I have yet to finish up my Lancome foundation. However, I felt like I was abusing my skin each day for using a full coverage foundation even when my skin was acne-free and didn't really need it. I was afraid that I was clogging my pores more, which was only setting the stage for future break-outs. That's why I went on a hunt for something I could wear when I needed only minimal coverage but still wanted to achieve the luminous look that foundations created for my skin. I stumbled across Laura Mercier Foundation Primer and Tinted Moisturizer in the shade "Nude".

This product is great for my oil-prone skin because it is oil free and the moisturizer is spf 20! Some people like to forego using the foundation primer, which isn't spf, but I can truly see a difference between not using a primer. The tinted moisturizer foundation claims to "help control oil breakthrough while providing hydration to prevent dryness". I can honestly say that I can't tell if it controls oil, but it definitely doesn't make the oily-ness worse.

As for the shade, there are not a wide array of colors to choose from. However, this product reminds me of a BB Cream in the sense that it has the ability to blend with MANY skin tones because it isn't full coverage in nature. When I wear this product, I am sure that my face color will actually match my neck color. Thank goodness! To add, this product feels great on the skin. It's a lightweight formula that feels just like you are applying moisturizer.


L to R: Warm Ivory, Nude, Nude blended out
Mysteriously, even though the product is only a tinted moisturizer, it is somewhat buildable. Whatever I am unable to conceal with this product, I cover using Bobbi Brown Cream Concealer and Maybelline Dream Matte Powder

All in all, I recommend this product to those who are not accustomed to using foundations but are looking for a gradual progression into using them, or for those who just don't need foundation but want a skin brightening boost with some spf protection. 

Would I purchase this product again? YES. 

j

No comments:

Post a Comment