the little beans in life i love.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Favorite Drugstore Lipstick

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Candy Pink= $6.49
Revlon's Candy Pink was voted as one of Allure's Best Drugstore Beauty Products. I was intimidated when I first purchased because the pink looked CRAZY. And when I say crazy, I mean stripper-pink-kind-of-crazy.


No worries, ladies. This excited me because it goes on sheer and the result is far from intimidating. In fact, it can be be toned down with a nude gloss or lip pencil though I use it alone most of the time. I love the texture because it is very moist and glides ever so smoothly. As far as lasting-power, it needs re-application every 3 hours and this is likely attributed to its sheer consistency.


image credit
I have so much fun with this shade and the ways the play it up or down are endless. There is also a shade from Revlon's Colorburst line called 'Baby Pink' that is worth checking out as well. I didn't purchase it since I was more interested in obtaining something from Allure's recommendation, but 'Baby Pink' seems like a more toned down version of 'Candy Pink'. This shade is one that I use that is outside of my comfort zone, which is why I love having it in my collection. 

What's your favorite drugstore lipstick?

j

1 comment:

  1. maybelline used to have (idk if they still have) this gloss called fruity jelly?? (i think(=) and it was literally the same formula as the lancome juicy tubes. i love the lancome juicy tube because it's kinda tacky (which i like bc it's shinier) but still very smooth when pressing your lips together. only downside is maybelline's package (usually not cute) and the citrus fragrance in juicy tube is sooo much nicer.

    ReplyDelete