the little beans in life i love.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Mac Mineralized Charged Water

Mac Mineralized Charged Water is a new product launched with a formula that contains crushed Brazilian Diamonds (the bottle has little sparkles all over it). Hmm....anyway, the product is supposed to freshen up the skin with a pump of hydrating mist. It can be used as a primer before applying makeup as well as a finishing spray, to set the makeup.

image credit
I had to order this product because it was sold out when first launched, the added Brazilian diamonds must have really been the selling point. It adds little bits of shimmer to your face as you can see in the photo above.
MAC Mineralize Charge Water= $22
It feels pretty cool to spray my face before applying makeup because it makes me feel like a true makeup professional. However, I'm not sure if this really sets the makeup so great. I find that my makeup still falls down the face after 8 hours of work no matter what. My opinion is that it's better to invest in a makeup primer, like the one by Laura Mercier, as well as a lid primer like the one that's out by NARS.

Would I recommend this product? No. This is really just a splurge product. It makes you feel lovely to spray "diamonds" on your face, but let's face it, don't we get enough shimmer from other sources? They say to spray this on your face to re-set your makeup and freshen up, but for someone like me with oily skin, this adds to the shiny appearance. Best just to use this money towards skincare.

j

1 comment: