the little beans in life i love.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Hair TLC: Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment

My hair type is permed, curly, and DRY. I am prone to getting split ends and I use some form of heat, whether it's the blow dryer or curling iron, on it every single day. I have heard of Moroccan Oil as being the best treatment for damaged hair, but wasn't ready to invest $50 on a product that might be mediocre.
Macadamia Natural Oil, Healing Oil Treatment, 0.35 oz= $6.50
Oil is oil, I figure, so I picked this up at my local CVS. A small bottle is just about seven bucks. I apply a small amount in my palm and rub my hands together before working the product into the ends of the hair. I do this regiment before blow-drying or applying any form of heat to seal the tips of my strands as a protectant.

The smell is especially pungent and is quite perfumey, kind of like the cheap stuff Grandma wears. It seems to make my hair somewhat soft but I'm not really convinced that this worth a re-purchase. I'm sure putting something on my hair ends is better than nothing, but Fekkai is better. Thank goodness I only got the little bottle.

Have you tried the infamous Moroccan Oil and if so, what do you think?

j

No comments:

Post a Comment