the little beans in life i love.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

HIT/MISS: Milani Baked Blush & Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Blush

I was searching for a coral blush and didn't want to spend too much on one since I'm not too confident about coral with my skin tone. It's for, you know, those special days when I'm feeling ballsy. The HIT was Milani's baked blush.


Milani Baked Blush in Coralline= $7.99
By now, you must know that I'm all about the drugstore dupes. I love them! The baked blush makes an excellent dupe for MAC's mineralized blush in its texture and rich pigmentation (and I mean RICH). Just a little dust on the apples of your cheeks and it creates a look that glows. I wish I found this during the summer because it would have been perfect for that time. After trying just this one, I'm tempted to collect more colors.

The MISS was Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse Blush that got a lot of buzz from all of the commercials played. I regretted buying into the whole 'mousse' trend:  Mousse eyeshadow. mousse foundation, mousse blush... they are ALL misses as far as I'm concerned.

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Blush, Peach Satin 07= $5.99

When applied, this product made me look gaudy because the shimmer added to it combined with the thick residue-like texture made it appear cheap. The texture was sticky and did not feel breathable at all. I had a hard time blending this product out to make it seem natural, so I gave up and it's just sitting on my shelf. The concept sounded cool, but this product did not seem worth it. 

j

No comments:

Post a Comment