the little beans in life i love.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Neutral Saga: Too Faced Natural Eye- Neutral Eye Shadow Collection

This palette has gotten a lot of attention, so naturally, I had to do some hands-on research. You can tell which colors are favored, but I will pretty much go out there and say that I have a legitimate use for every single shadow in this palette. That's pretty much the same as purchasing a music album and finding that you like every single song. What a rarity, but when it happens, it's love. 
Too Faced, Natural Eye Palette= $36
What happens with palettes is that I use it frequently upon first purchase, then I get bored and it's onto the next one! Too Faced Natural Eye Palette was different in that I purchased it 5 months ago and still haven't tired of it. In fact, it's probably the longest-lasting palette that I used the continuously each day before switching to something else.


Heaven- creamy highlight, the perfect color for this purpose, and I love that it fills one of the big pans so it will last longer!

Velvet Revolver- a matte tan that is good for this lid or crease, depending on the look you want.

Sexpresso- a matte dark brown for eyebrows, crease, and waterline. Pretty basic.

Silk Teddy- this looks beautiful on the lids! I even put it in the inner corner of my eye for a brighter, more glammed up look. I use this shadow the most as you can see, but as much as I've used it, still no pan.

Push-up- a shimmer bronze, for crease.

Erotica- dark brown with shimmer, for crease.

Nude Beach- not noticeable in the photo but this has chunky glitter in it that is reserved for those dolled-up clubbing nights. One warning is that the glitter is so chunky that it tends not to stay on area applied and end up on other parts of your face. It's a little tricky to use, but if the overall effect you are trying to achieve is glittery, this is for you.

Honey pot- shimmery gold, I prefer to use this on the inner corner of my eyes and slightly along the lower lid. This is my second most used after Silk Teddy of the shimmer shadows.

Cocoa-puff- a shimmery medium brown, for crease.



A couple points: 

- I'm not crazy about the names they come up with for the shadows. 
- As with a lot of Too-Faced and Benefit products, I'm not a fan of the bulky cardboard packaging because it is awkward to store as it isn't consistent in shape. 
- As a matte lover, I realize that the majority of shades are shimmery. However, the result outweighs this downside. I find that I can get away with wearing these shimmer shades at work somehow, as long as I don't use Nude Beach. 
- These are extremely pigmented so remember to use a light hand when applying. This is probably the reason why I still haven't reached pan even though I've used this palette so much.
- The names of the shadows and packaging with 'how-to' cards for applying shadow convey to me that this is meant for tweens and first-time makeup users, but the colors are fly, so I'm still a fan. Plus, I seem to get the most compliments on my makeup on the days I use this palette. Of course I'm gonna keep using it!

j

No comments:

Post a Comment