the little beans in life i love.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Favorite Powder

This will be a bit of a surprise. When it comes to foundation, I get really fussy, but my favorite powder happens to be a drugstore-find.

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, Light= $8.46
This product is solid, it's something that I find myself buying over and over again. It comes on creamy and soft, creating a look that is polished and even. No matter what I am wearing be it tinted moisturizer, moisturizer alone or foundation, just adding this powder will improve my complexion drastically.  Plus, I am VERY oily and this product helps with the shine. Downsides are that it may need re-application after 8 hours and the packaging is kind of dinky plasticky. It swivels open to reveal a compact mirror with a sponge applicator that looks like it would crumble on me.

EcoTools Bamboo Bronzer Brush= $9.99
I use the EcoTool Bronzer brush to apply my powder even though it is meant for bronzer. The hair is so soft yet tightly held together that I find it works perfectly for picking up the powder from the pan and evenly distributing it all over my face. The handle, size, and feel of the brush is superior quality despite the low price. When I pair these two products together I can build the powder to my liking depending on how much attention my skin needs for the day.

j

No comments:

Post a Comment