the little beans in life i love.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Go Gold!







I think gold looks brilliant against many skin tones, though it seems to RADIATE against tan/olive skin. Some days, I get out of bed and feel like I'm glowing and other days...my skin's just not having me. Not to worry, that's why we can look to our makeup bags for a little extra boost. With a gold shadow and creme blush, I'lll be glowing just right.











I was at first skeptical about the way gold would look on my skin and wasn't sure how much I would sport it, so I wanted to take gold out on a trial-run before investing in a heftier product. Luckily, Milani Cosmetics has a line of Runway Eyes Shadows that are amaazing. Although, I chose the Ready to Wear palette for the beautiful golds and bronzes, the other palettes are worth checking out.

Milani Runway Eyes Fashion Shadows in Ready to Wear= $8.99
This palette is gorgeous and I like how the pigments aren't overwhelming so that you are actually able to create an eye using every single color. The colors are beautiful and the gold can be used in such a way that you can layer it to enhance it. These shadows can be used dry or wet. I like to use wet shadow for my under-eye shadow and I find that it lasts all day long this way. The exterior packaging has a plastic cheapy feeling, which is expected from most drugstore products, but I thought the separated eyeshadow strips were kind of a cool design. After using this product, I feel more apt to get the Chanel Topkapi Eyeshadow Quad, which completely excites me since I've been searching for a new "go-to", everyday shadow quad. Even if I end up getting the heftier Topkapi, I'm loving my Milani Runway Eyes so much that I'll probably never abandon it.

Of course, to complete the "Go Gold" ensemble, I turn to a Nars cream blush in Gold Member.
Nars Cream Blush, Gold Member=  $27

This blush is filled with little bits of shimmer so when I wear it, it has brightening and almost bronzing effect that looks like I've been in the sun. The best part is that people can't seem to tell it's shimmery unless they go right up to my face. 


 It is highly pigmented, as you can tell, but has a velvety texture and goes on the skin like silk. I use this product above my cheekbones as I would with regular blush but blend it somewhat with my eye makeup to create a more dramatic effect. You can also use Gold Member under your eyeshadow if you choose.

I am so excited about this glowing gold look, I hope it inspires you to go gold!

j

No comments:

Post a Comment