the little beans in life i love.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Review: Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins

Save your skin this Winter with a moisturizer catered specifically for redness and irritation. I've had my eye on this product for quite some time. Every time I passed an Origins store, I would sample some on my hands and grow more and more convinced that this stuff is legit. Recently reformulated and repackaged, Dr. Weil's Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief line soothes my sensitive skin from the drying effects of the cold Winter air. This line claims to help those suffering from rosacea, pretty serious. However, it is meant for all skin types.

Some background: My skin type is combination oily/dry and has tendency toward redness and sensitivity from exfoliators and acne products.
Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Advanced Face Serum, 1fl oz= $66
The serum glides on very smoothly and hydrates for instant relief, especially following use of an exfoliator. My skin literally feels like it's drinking it up. No oilyness or residue and a very clean feeling afterward.

Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream 1.7 oz=  $61
It's after I apply the face cream that my skin appears calmer and feels softer. The cream isn't too heavy either. One of my favorite things about this line is the smell, which is unlike any scent I've ever smelled before. Upon first whiff, I wasn't sure what to think of it because it was such a new scent. It actually made me apprehensive about getting the product at first, but after sampling it for some time, I fell in love with the herbal earthy-ness of the smell.

Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Plantidote Mega-Mushroom Skin-Calming Face Mask 3.4 fl oz= $35
The face mask is something I use only once a week or for those days when I'm really dried out. You're supposed to apply a thick layer and wait some time before removing it with a tissue (no washing your face afterward). That seems like a waste of product to me so I apply a thinner layer after using moisturizer without removing any of it. The next day, my skin feels repaired and healthy.

As far as purchasing this line again and considering the hefty pricetag, I would get the serum for sure because of how great it feels. I'm not sure about getting the entire line again, however, because I get the feeling that it may be more powerful than what my skin needs as of now. Rosacea is definitely not a problem of mine. My mom has also used this line and loves the cream, but wishes it had spf so it could be used in the daytime and had more anti-aging properties. She claims that, in the time she has started using this product, her freckles have gotten darker and I've noticed this too. I don't mind this because I use this line as a part of my nighttime skin regiment and am sure to use spf creme in the daytime. My main apprehension with Dr. Weil is the price. With that said, if sensitivity and redness is a major problem you are facing and you are in search of relief, Dr. Weil is the way to go.

j

1 comment: