the little beans in life i love.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Loving: MAC Shy Girl

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Shy Girl= $14.50

'Shy Girl' may be a fitting name for this lipstick, since I can think to describe it as a gently subdued color. It's a semi-warm nude beige with very fine shimmers and a hint of coral. I really love the way the color is just enough nice nude that let's the rest of your makeup pop, but avoids appearing washed-out. This is the ultimate lipstick to wear to work, since it has edge from the coral shimmer yet manages to maintain its sophistication.



Despite my love for SG, my one critique is that, like with all MAC lipsticks, I wish it were less drying. It's not as drying as JCrew's Poppy King lipstick where I absolutely need to add a moisturizing lip balm to my lips after applying, but dry enough so that I add lip balm for the sake of feeling more comfortable. Of course, this is a simple trade-off for such a uniquely beautiful color for which I've been receiving tons of compliments. No doubt, this is the perfect shade of nude I've been looking for and my favorite lipstick in the collection as of now!

j

No comments:

Post a Comment