the little beans in life i love.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Using Now: Clinique Sunscreen

To defend my skin from the sun, I try to wear sunscreen on a daily basis. Clinique Super City Block has been around since my mom was a young girl and it was her staple then. However, for the longest time it only came in SPF 25, so when the SPF was finally bumped up to 40, I had to get in on this block.

Clinique Super City Block Ultra Protection SPF 40, 1.4 oz= $18 

As the swatch shows, this sunblock is tinted and only comes in one shade. It reminds me of BB cream in the sense that the shade adapts miraculously to any skin tone and has a slight concealing effect. On top of the SPF 40, the tint is why I purchased this product. During the good times when my skin is showing me love and not breaking out, I can wear CB alone and dust on some powder to fix it as if it were an extremely light foundation. 

One thing to be careful of when using sunblock is that the higher the SPF, the greater chance of breakouts due to its tendency to clog pores. Since I am used to wearing full coverage foundation which is also pore clogging, using CB in place of foundation is a better alternative for me. 

I can see myself staying with this product for a long time as my mom once did. Compared to the other sunblocks out there by Shiseido and Dior with slightly higher SPFs, this one by Clinique is very reasonably priced. I figure that it's better to go with something dependable yet affordable, especially if I'm using it every day and it will likely get re-purchased again and again.

Do you have a favorite sunscreen?

j

No comments:

Post a Comment