the little beans in life i love.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Review: MAC Semi-Precious Crystal Pink Mineralize Skinfinish

This was more of an impulse buy than anything else. The MAC Semi-Precious collection just looked so cool with all the different swirls of color. I decided to go with Crystal Pink as a blush because I noticed the borders were a pale pink shimmer that I could subsequently use for my lids. Over the rest of the skin finishes in the collection, this has the most subdued shimmer look. The green pigment in the center is what interested me most about this product.

MAC Semi-Precious Mineralize Skinfinish in Crystal Pink, 0.22 oz= $28 
“..pink champagne base with inner circle of pink, mid-tone green, and bronze.”





When it's swirled all together and applied on the cheeks it comes out as a rosy tan with fine shimmer. The pink champagne border ended up working beautifully when placed on the center lid, not too dramatic. It was very sheen  but seemed to brighten up my cheeks and make them glow. I can best describe it as a very girly, pleasant blush to use. 
Pigmentation: I was told to dab only a little on the cheeks for a subtle effect, but I find that the pigment is not strong enough for this to be a problem. I don't think this mineralized skin finish was meant to be dramatic because it seems like I can dust it on like crazy and somehow avoid looking drag. 
Texture: It's definitely not as smooth or creamy as NARS blushes. In fact, it's probably the roughest of my blushes, since it is mineralized. I tend to like a creamier texture for my lids so I don't use this all the time, but I like the idea that I can use one product for both my lids and cheeks when I travel. 
Packaging: Not loving the packaging which is the same as MAC blush packaging. It feels like the cheapy plastic drugstore type. I do like that the size and rounded finish of the minerals feel quite sturdy like it won't shatter if banged around in a purse. 
Would I recommend this product: Yes. I am surprised to say this considering the mediocre ratings above, but this product is good because it looks beautiful and very feminine on the skin. It pulls of shimmer in a spectacular way that can be applied to an everyday look. 
Not sure if this looks as nice for photos as it does in person because the shimmer seems to reflect flash in a weird way. 
j

No comments:

Post a Comment