the little beans in life i love.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Holiday 2011 Nail Polishes: Revlon and Essie

I went to Bed Bath & Beyond looking for a Revlon dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air, and when I found that it was sold out, I was bummed. Luckily, I had a chance to come across Revlon's Gucci Westman Expressionists Collection.

Revlon Expressionists Collection= $3.79 each

L to R: Facets of Fuscia, Blue Mosaic, Starry Pink (missing: Smoky Canvas)


Starry Pink, of course, was my favorite. It's not the one I was originally looking for, but the razzle dazzle pink glitzies got me, and now I'm a fan. This is how it looks like after 2 coats and no top coat. Three coats would likely achieve more of a pink hue. Surprisingly, even with the chunky glitter, the surface still maintains its smoothness. I imagine adding top coat will make it even smoother. FYI, Facet's of Fuscia a dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance. It's a little too dark for my taste. 

On my way out to the register, I was blinded by the Essie Holiday 2011 Luxe Effects Collection (who knew Bed Bath & Beyond had such a good beauty aisle!) and I was instantly excited. Such pure and clean colors. These must be the polishes people wear in heaven.

Essie Luxe Effects Collection, Holiday 2011= $7.99 each
R to L: As Gold as it Gets, Shine of the Times, A Cut Above, Pure Pearlfection, Set in Stones

Gorgeous for a holiday party, right? I can see this going nicely over an opaque color as well. This picture is after 3 coats. Since the texture gets bumpy from the chunky glitter, I suggest a top coat. 

Nothing lifts your holiday spirits than nails that bling! These babies are going right into a package for my sister, mindy, when she comes home from Christmas. 

j

No comments:

Post a Comment