the little beans in life i love.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Regrettably: Stila Lip and Cheek Stain

Lip and cheek stain. Enticing sell, cause' you're getting two products in one. This "revolutionary" makeup stain claims to react to your individual pH levels to create a personalized color for blush and pout. Factor in the easy clickable pen and cute packaging, you can't go wrong with Stila's Lip and Cheek Stain...
Stila Lip & Cheek Stain in Pomegranate Crush= $24



But what else can I say about this product other than I hate it. The emotional journey took me some time, but now that I've let it saturate for the past 4 months, I can flat out say that I wish I didn't purchase this.
Too bad, I waited too long and can no longer return.

This pen is awkward as heck to use on the cheeks with the whole pen-click system. Like most stains, once you place it on the cheeks, you have to work the product in really fast with your fingers or else it sets in a blotchy pattern. This does not work well over foundation because it ends up mixing with it, ruining it, and ultimately revealing my freckles. To add, after I use the brush over my foundation for cheek stain, some foundation transfers to the brush head, making it kind of unpleasant when I have to apply it to my lips. And just the thought of washing it every time after I use it on my cheeks wears me out. Perhaps I'm too lazy for this product?

In terms of the color, it does not look natural at all. Instead of leaving your lips and cheeks with "a fresh flush of youth" it looks like you're five years old and you just raided your mother's makeup collection from the 80s while sucking on a cherry popsicle in the process. Oh, the regret.

Have you had a good experience with lip or cheek stain?

j

No comments:

Post a Comment