the little beans in life i love.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Review: Balmbini- Babies of theBalm Face Palette

The Balmbini Babies of theBalm Face Palette= $28
This set includes:
Downboy blush

Hot Mama blush
Mary-Lou Manizer (highlight)
ShadyLady in Insane Jane and Jealous Jordana (silver and teal shadows)
Plus Special Edition Tinted Lipgloss and a built in mirror


This is the first theBalm product I have purchased and it reminds me very much of Benefit in it's packaging style and printed pin-up ladies. What drew me to this palette was the Hot Mama Blush which looked like it could create a sun-kissed glow and the teal shadyLady shadow on the very right. 

Here's the breakdown:

Pigmentation- Great. Reminds me of the Kat Von Dee shadows in the sense that all you need is a little dab on your brush to get the color to stand out. Downboy was much less pigmented than Hot Mama which I found to be a very nice color on my skin. The highlight, Mary-Lou Manizer, is shimmery, though I wish it were a matte to balance out the other two shimmery shadows. 

Texture- Creamy shadows and blush. I didn't care for the lip glosses which were too sticky. 

Smell- The lip glosses smelled kinda gross like a cheap fruity scent. 

Application- The shadow was too dusty and ended up irritating my eyes big time. I've given these shadows several tries and I really like the color of the teal one, but I'm afraid it will do damage to my cornea if I continue. I don't know if the ingredients in the shadow or if it's me, but wearing this made my eyes turn bloodshot. Unfortunately since the glosses are too sticky for my taste, I haven't been tempted to wear this out much. 

Packaging- This is really awkward to carry around and store. I would not mind bringing it around if it was an all in one deal, meaning that included a brush and everything I needed and wanted for my face, however, this is just not the case. Not a fan of the cardboard either. 

Would I recommend this product? No. But this doesn't mean I'm turned off by theBalm products altogether. See photo below of another theBalm palette I am willing to try. 


 The draw to this palette is that all the colors are matte and cutely named after a different Matt. Plus, each color looks so workable!

j

No comments:

Post a Comment