the little beans in life i love.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

YSL Touche Eclat and Notable Drugstore Dupes

I became obsessively curious about YSL's Touche Eclat when it first came out and after much research and thought, decided that I just had to have it. 

Yves Saint Laurent 'Touche Eclat' Radiant Touch= $40

When I first got it, I played around with applying the product according to this chart as recommended by the company. After awhile I started only applying the product to select areas that I found to be the higher impact areas, which are below the eyes/ above the cheekbones. This is the one area I make sure to apply product if I am in a rush to get out the door. I find that it opens the eyes, draws attention to my cheekbones, and really makes my blush pop. 

YSL: 
pros- beautiful packaging, illuminates without the use of sparkles/glitter, not heavy like a concealer and does not conceal, wide choice of gorgeous shades to choose from. 
con- does not conceal my freckles like I wish it could, pricey.

Following the popularity of YSL's touche eclat, drugstore mock-ups came about that boasted either an easy-to-use brush applicator, as in L'Oreal's True Match Super Blendable Concealer, or a cool click-to-release feature, as in Revlon's Age Defying Spa Concealer. 
L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Concealer= $8.95

L'Oreal: 
pros- conceals, applicator is easier to use than YSL because it does not need to be "clicked", it is as easy to apply as nail polish. 
cons- packaging is bulkier than I like, the color shades available were too dark to be used as an illumintor for my particular skin tone. 

Revlon's Age Defying Spa Concealer= $8.94

Revlon:
pros- conceals somewhat well, not as heavy as L'Oreal, as close to YSL's Touche Eclat than any of these drugstore products, packaging was very similar. 
cons- color shades available not as pretty as YSL, I wish they could go lighter and brighter, but then again, this is marketed as a  concealer. 
Physician's Formula Concealer Twins Correct & Cover Cream Concealer, Soft Green/Fair= $7.65

This product surprised me big time. I would never have even thought of using this product in the same way I use YSL TE, but this happened to be in my mom's makeup pile and the only option I had to use when I was visiting. Amazing results. I don't use the green end at all, but the concealer end is one universal shade that seems to work harmoniously on many skin tones!! The applicator and packaging isn't anywhere near YSL's but it does the job. 

Physician's Formula:
pros- conceals AND illuminates, the least expensive product/guilt-free, applicator is easies to use, not too heavy, fair shade illuminates the face wonderfully for my Asian skin.
cons- I only use one side and that seems to be wasteful. 

I am aware that there are many illuminating products and concealer products out there, but I was on the hunt for a product that both illuminated and concealed without containing sparkles and glitter. With too much of the sparkles and glitter in my blush, eye shadow, lip product, and throw in an illuminator, I begin to feel about 14 years old again. I am happy to say, the hunt is over. Physician's Formula came in #1 as a demonstration of thrift and sophistication, the best thing being I would have never guessed it!!

j

1 comment: