the little beans in life i love.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Review: Pink Blossom, Tiger Lily, Hibiscus

I absolutely do not carry lipsticks in my handbag for the fear that it may get hot and melt or the cap may come off and make a mess. Tinted lip balm is great because I can carry it around without worrying about such things. Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm is a bit pricey for your typical drugstore lip balm, but the quality is great. These are the three colors I picked up. From top to bottom: Pink Blossom (frosting pink), Tiger Lily (peachy coral),  Hibiscus (reddish plum).

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm= $6.99

1. Packaging: the cardboard thingy the actual chapstick is in seems like a waste to the environment, but it did the trick in catching my eye. It was a bit of a let down pulling out a little dinky chapstick tube out of such beautiful wrapping, though. 
2. Scent: I love it because it smells like NOTHING. No distracting fruity-ness or strange cardboard-y scent that I usually have to watch out for in all lip products. 
3. Pigment: A hint of the color that is not too heavy and the actual color that appears on your lips is pretty much the color shown on the cardboard packaging. 
4. Lasting power: as with most chapsticks, which this pretty much is, you need to keep reapplying throughout the day. However, the fact that it doesn't stay gives the product a casual appearance that rides between typical translucent chapstick and lipstick. 



From Left to Right: Pink Blossom, Hibiscus (actually darker than shown here), Tiger Lily (looks a bit too orangy in the photo)


I have been using this product for 1 month now and my favorites from most to least used is Hibiscus, Tiger Lily, and then Pink Blossom. Hibiscus is a fantastic, beautifully pigmented color (the actual color is more plum berry than shown in the photo) that is easy to wear because it seems to adapt the best to the rest of my look for the day.

j

No comments:

Post a Comment