the little beans in life i love.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Essie's Fall 2011 Collection

I am such an Essie fan, particularly because the colors are cheery (compared to OPI), the wear quality is fantastic, and the polishes are hugely accessible now that they can be found at Target along with several drugstores. The Fall 2011 collection, which was inspired by 1940s and 50s handbags, beams of good sense and sophistication.

Essie Fall 2011 Collection= $8 each

Clockwise from the top: Power clutch (dark mossy grey), Glamour purse (a rich almond), Carry On (a burgundy merlot), Lady Like (demure pink with hint of lavender), Case Study (a creamy beige), Very Structured (a subtle sienna)

I loved the quiet boldness of "Power Clutch" (you gotta love that name), but I naturally gravitate to lighter hues, so Lady Like was my true match for the season. Just like the name, when I wear this polish, I feel, well...like a lady! The picture above does not do the shade justice, so I have provided additional pictures below so that you can appreciate the different dimensions of the color. 


Essie's "Lady Like"

A "serious" pink that still maintains the perfect girly-ness

I must admit that I overlooked this color when I first came across it in the store, but once I tried it on, I was pleasantly surprised by lavender undertones. As gruesome as your day gets, all you need is to take one glance at your nails and remember, "I'm a LADY"!

j

No comments:

Post a Comment