the little beans in life i love.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Neutral Saga: Kat Von D Eyeshadow Palettes

I bow down to neutral palettes, I will always be drawn to them no matter how many I have. Some might think there are only so many ways to do a neutral eye, but man, are they wrong! Today was a regular working day, though I really liked the way my eyeshadow looked so I figured it was worth writing about.
Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in 'Ludwig'=   $34
 I dusted off this old palette from the back of my makeup drawer and realized why I bought it in the first place. I love when that happens, kind of like finding dollar bills in your pocket. I got this at Sephora with my friend, Grace, when I was looking for a new go-to palette. What drew me to this palette initially was the price! For 8 colors, you are paying much less than you would for mac quality shadows, which run at $15 a pop.

The colors are soo pretty and created such a nice look for me today. I think it's important to warn you that it goes on extremely pigmented and shimmery so only a light dab with the brush or else it is really easy to look like a drag queen. Every single color in this palette is usable. One thing I wish this palette included was a non-shimmery, creamy highlight color and it would be complete. 

The only matte colors are the black and dark brown at each end

I'm not really into the whole tattoo art designs that are characteristic of Kat Von D products, but I liked the boxed packaging and wrapping paper that the palette came in! Not only is the palette nice to the touch, like all Nars palettes, but the two brushes that the product comes with seem pretty useful. I must admit that I have never used them, but see myself using them if I were carrying the palette around in my purse and wanted to do a quick touch-up.

On the topic of neutrals, Kat Von D has released a new neutral palette called 'Saint'. Its non-neutral sister palette is rightfully called 'Sinner' and is more of a smokey set. 'Saint' has me so excited, because upon looking at the colors, I can already tell which combinations I want to try out immediately. This seems like more of a true neutral palette than 'Ludwig', plus it comes with a Mini Puro Amor Black Autograph Pencil Eyeliner. Beautiful! 
Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in 'Saint'=  $35
I'm not sure how I feel about the packaging, but I see this palette as a great deal for the quality you are getting. I see this palette achieving so many different neutral looks, I can't wait to get my hands on this palette and then review it!

j

1 comment:

  1. YES! i got a shout out!
    and i'm still mad at myself that i didn't get that palette... it looks really good on you.

    i really liked that you showed the colors on skin and how it demonstrates how deep and shimmery the pigments are. A+ J-margin!

    ReplyDelete