the little beans in life i love.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Using Now

A lot of times I base the makeup that I will be wearing for the day on 3 things: 1. Weather, 2. Agenda (usually work), 3. Mood (this becomes either what I feel or what I want to feel). Well, SF has received a weather warning of powerful winds that may cause power outage scheduled for tomorrow morning. That made me decide to wear something that would put me in a good mood despite the dreary background but is still appropriate for work and blending with the season. Here's my plan:

NYX Single Eyeshadow, Flamingo= $5
The picture does not do the shadow justice. I want to say that it is taupe mixed with mauve mixed with gold shimmer to create a very demure yet glamorous look for the eye. I will probably add a little bit of brown in my crease but using this as an overall base. Then I will use this for highlight:

NYX Single Eyeshadow, Highlight= $5
Named exactly that, Highlight used to be called something else (I forget), but NYX changed it to it's current name because it was so frequently used for that purpose. In fact, this is my go-to highlighter when the palette I am using just isn't cutting it. I love the creaminess of it when applied. Can't wait to wear these two tomorrow.

j

No comments:

Post a Comment