the little beans in life i love.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Shiseido Foundation and Cream Shadow Review


Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation SPF 16 sunscreen= $38.50

I have struggled and continue to struggle to find the perfect foundation to match my skin tone. Take into account being a not-so-fair Asian with freckles and you get an ongoing search for foundation each season. After going through Dior and then Chanel, I hoped to get lucky by seeking solace in a brand catered to Asians. Wrong.

 Shiseido's Perfect Refining Foundation proved to be heinous, only, I didn't figure this out until the third week of using it that every time I came into contact with a mirror I saw that my skin was indeed YELLOW (maybe even orangey too). I don't know what it is with Shiseido. The coverage is great, don't get me wrong, but when the color is matched in the department store under incandescent lighting, it is easy to overlook the fact that Shiseido foundations run a tad too much on the yellow side. Too bad I work under the unforgiving glare of fluorescent lighting! 

Unless you have a yellowish skin tone or a very fair/pale complexion, I would not recommend this product and if you do find yourself at the Shiseido counter shopping for foundation, be sure to get a sample to try out at home before purchasing so that you may test it out under different lightings. The only positive thing worth mentioning is the SPF 16. I learned from this experience that my skin looks more natural with cool shades over warm ones. 



Shade I40 
(photo complements of chicbeautyblog.com)

I think you can appreciate the "yellow orangeness" of how this foundation appears from the swatch.


Shiseido Hydro-Powder Eyeshadow= $25

Shade H12, Lemon Sugar

I pretty much use this cream eyeshadow every day since I got it. It is very airy and does not create a crease like many cream shadows do. Just a dab in the center of each lid does the trick to really open up the eye. When I skip this product, I seem to have the sleepy-eye look. It can also be used as an excellent highlighter for the brow, cheekbone, and inner eye. I especially like that the sparkles are teensy tiny and not overly dramatic so it can pass in a professional setting like at work. My favorite shade is H12, Lemon Sugar, because it is the most versatile. Oftentimes, I will use H12 as an eyelid primer and use a more matte shadow over it which will stick pretty much for the whole day. A definite <3 product at the moment. 

j

No comments:

Post a Comment