the little beans in life i love.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Using Now: Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation

Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation in 4.5
If you haven't heard of this product by now, the concept swirls around pigment and nothing much else. The ingredients disappear after they are smoothed on the skin leaving pure pigment. Since water and powder add weight, Armani chemists settled on 5 nongreasy oils that cannot be detected on the skin. Only a few drops of this light fluid allows the pigments to create a uniform layer of color while 3 of the more volatile oils evaporate immediately, leaving two behind. One of these oils contains a sunscreen that protects the skin while the other includes white lotus extract, which has free radical antioxidant properties. The overall finish is semi-matte and looks as if you are wearing a second-skin.

If you are looking for full-coverage foundation, this is not what you are looking for. However, if you are looking for makeup that looks like you are not wearing makeup but has a brightening effect on the skin, this is an excellent choice. To cover up my blemishes, I use my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, as this foundation will not cover spots well even when layered.

Texture-wise, I was surprised by the fact that it is much more liquid that Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, but doesn't require as much shaking up before use. This means that it must be blended very well into the skin to create that flawless finish. I find that using my fingertips works best.

As far as packaging goes, the dropper bottle is a neat way to dispense the formula and the thick glass has a nice and heavy feel to it.

I found that this foundation doesn't last beyond 6 hours, but then again my skin is very oily and needs constant blotting. Though I'm also not a fan of the price-tag, I think this product is pretty one-of-a-kind when it comes to foundations.


Would I repurchase this product? Yes. 

j

No comments:

Post a Comment