the little beans in life i love.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Review: YSL Fuchsia Creme De Blush

Yves Saint Laurent Creme De Blush in Fuchsia 5
Described to be a "vibrant pink", this blush lives up to its word. I've been really into cream blushes this winter. I find that the dewy finish of cream blush goes well with my drier skin and the crisper weather. Since I've started exploring the world of cream blush, I've stumbled across this beauty, which is something I would have taken one look at in the past and sworn that it just wasn't for me. Oh how I have been foolish.

Color: There were only 3 colors offered at Sephora, a coral, a bright red, and this fuchsia color. There are a total of 5 colors offered on the Sephora website, however, so I suggest checking that out, too. I decided to go with fuchsia because it was something I would normally steer clear of. I basically wanted to jump into the deep end of cream blush, as I tend to gravitate towards corals. The color choices are generally vibrant in this line, but you have to trust that a light hand will do the trick.

Texture: This feels like mousse and applies not sticky but silky. A little bit goes a long way, yet it is easily blended with the fingertips. I prefer the lightweight feel of YSL cream blushes to Bobby Brown's cream blushes and Maybelline's Dream Mousse Blush.

Packaging: I love that it is a cube container yet I was surprised by the lightness of it. The gold lid is a beautiful touch, though it is easy attract fingerprints.

Price: At $38, I believe this may be a little too much to spend on a blush, no matter how great it feels  on the skin. You can get the same visual effect with a drugstore brand, though the texture may not be as smooth. At the same time, I find that I use so little of this product at a time that this little container will probably last me for a long long time. My advice would be to save your money unless you absolutely fall in love with the shades of this line.

Would I repurchase this product? No. But am I happy to be an owner of this product? Absolutely :)

j

No comments:

Post a Comment